[Chrysler300] help needed re non 300 car

[Chrysler300] help needed re non 300 car

Can anyone who knows please reply to me off list.

I hope some leeway re this post is OK, it real hard from so far away to know
other ways of avoiding asking??
-  many of us 300 owners seemingly have other non 300 cars, and oddly
enough, difficult as it may seem sometimes finding out certain things about
300s, I have come across what should be to me (in Australia) something
really easy to find out compared to our not so common 300s, yet on searching
internet and the untold books on the marque, there is seemingly no help.

The car involved is Corvette, series 3, 1968-72, and yet for the thousands
built, surviving, there seems no easy way to know/establish perhaps one of
America's fastest factory supplied production cars ever - the L88 spec
models built 1967-1969, total of only just on 200 - alloy headed 427 570bhp
- a real hush hush GM potential 170mph stock model in looming safety issue
era.

I have discovered what seems one that has since 1973 been here in Adelaide,
but orig motor gone since early 80s, and with Corvettes of those years, only
the motor stamped engine number ids the car, or what it ever was.
How is that for a 'rip off merchants windfall', and/or a buyers nightmare -
imagine if your/others near $200,000 1957-61 300  convertible could only be
identified as genuine by whatever engine is in it !!??

We may think 300s can be more difficult/tricky than more mainstream ones
such as Mustangs/ Camaros etc, but can Corvettes, that were made in milions,
still after now 35 years of untold books on them have such 'knowledge black
holes' - NO/ZERO factory records re how each originally made - were GM so
'money hungry/uncaring' they never recorded/kept such detail ?!

Anyone who knows how to tell a genuine L88 that is missing it's motor,
please reply off list - if I do not 'hock myself further than commonsense
says' buying it, (the car drives at 40-90 mph like as much fun as my 1st
(sorted) 300C - the 1st ever such Corvette I have ever driven !) then that
is good news for finishing my 300 that ran at Daytona Feb 1957 in time for
that 50th Anniversary coming up real fast !!
I see it near every day, it still looking pretty sad with it's (race era)
signwritten red/coral paint exterior still scarred by the rust repaired
places/parts, but no time lately to get much done on it, and spring weather
here lately briliant re using cars as daily drivers - drat it !

Christopher in OZ

Advertisement: Looking for a car that won't break the budget?  Go to
www.tradingpost.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eautotrader%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fbrowse%2Dauto%2FAutomotive%2F%3Freferrer%3Dplace1&_t=758874129&_r=emailtagline_nov&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: