improving 65 cooling

65 Service Manual list two different water pumps. one 4.38in dia. 10 blade / another 3.67 in dia. 6 blade. Does anyone know if the distance from back side pump to where fan bolts on, is it the same or different? My water temperature starts rising fast on a hot day in heavy traffic. I'm sure I would have problems on a hot day in a parade. My car is a 65 300 with a 383. with standard cooling package(4 blade fan). I thought I would up grade to AC package by changing to a thermal clutch and 7 blade fan. The local NAPA had a thermal clutch on the shelf. I find it to take up 3 3/8 in. This leaves 1/8 in. between the front of the clutch and the raditor. This is reason for question on water pumps as the 6 blade pump only seems to be used with the thermal clutches. Maybe I should be trying to up grade to trailer package which seems to be only a different fan and box shroud. There were three different fans, std. 4 blade 18 in. / AC 7 blade 18 1/12 in. / Trailer 7 blade 18 in. I have a shroud from a 64 Chrysler New Yorker that I think can be attached. Any suggestion on how I finish the parade on a very hot day with a smile are welcome.
Ken Krull
Indiana