From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of baxter
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:37 PM
To: 300 club, listserver
Subject: [Chrysler300] improving 65 cooling

 65 Service Manual list two different water pumps. one 4.38in dia. 10 blade
/ another 3.67 in dia. 6 blade.  Does anyone know if the distance from back
side pump to where fan bolts on, is it the same or different?
My water temperature starts rising fast on a hot day in heavy traffic.
I'm sure I would have problems on a hot day in a parade.  My car is a 65 300
with a 383. with standard cooling package(4 blade fan).  I thought I would
up grade to AC package by changing to a thermal clutch and 7 blade fan. The
local NAPA had a thermal clutch on the shelf. I find it to take up 3 3/8 in.
This leaves 1/8 in. between the front of the clutch and the raditor.  This
is reason for question on water pumps as the 6 blade pump only seems to be
used with the thermal clutches.
Maybe I should be trying to up grade to trailer package which seems to be
only a different fan and box shroud. There were three different fans, std. 4
blade 18 in. / AC 7 blade 18 1/12 in. / Trailer 7 blade 18 in.  I have a
shroud from a 64 Chrysler New Yorker that I think can be attached.
Any suggestion on how I finish the parade on a very hot day with a smile are
welcome.
Ken Krull
Indiana

For list server instructions, go to