1955 C-300 cooling

Our 1955 C-300 starts getting hot under the collar when stuck in California
traffic on hot days.  A little research indicated there are two different
fans available for 1955 Chryslers--four blade and six blade--both 18".  The
6-blade fan was standard on Windsors and fitted to NY's & Imps with a/c.

Has any 1955 C-300 driver experimented with swapping out to the six-bladed
fan to help keep things cool?  Results?  Opinions?

The Service Manual indicates a/c cars had a box-type shroud and that would
seem to be helpful for maximizing air flow at low speeds.  Any thoughts on
that?

There does not appear to be any difference in the water pumps for a/c or non
a/c cars, but the a/c cars had a 180 degree thermostat instead of a 160
degree unit--this from the Parts Manual, but not confirmed in the Service
Manual. 7# radiator cap on non-a/c cars, 14# on a/c cars.

Finally, is there any possibility of a retrofit thermal fan clutch for these
bankers' hot rods?

Christmas greetings and C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA