300-D Windshield & Backglass Rubbers, 1958 Parts Book

300-D Windshield & Backglass Rubbers, 1958 Parts Book

Hi group-

  I will need to replace the old, cracked & dry rubber gaskets for the windshield and backglass on my '58 300D coupe.

  Has anyone had the chance to compare quality of the new Gary Goers product with the offerings of Andy Bernbaum?  Would I expect that the Goers product, at twice the price of the Bernbaum item, is twice as good?  I only want to do this once.

  If someone has a good extra windshield gasket from a '58 to trade, I have a decent one from a '60-'64 convertible to barter with.  I highly doubt that those two gaskets are interchangeable.

  Also, how do other window weatherstrip products stack up?

  If anyone has an extra Chrysler-issued parts book covering the 1958 model year, please contact me off-list - I'd like to buy one.

  Thanks,
  John Spiers
  Lake Worth, Florida