Re: [Chrysler300] 55 Taillight Assemblies reflectors

Every '55 tail light  assm. I've seen (not a whole lot) was blackened around the bulb area. Any reflective improvement to this has to increase your safety. I like your idea of using chrome tape. When I did mine, I wasn't so creative. I used chrome spray paint instead. While they have a lot of nerve calling it chrome, it still shiny enough to help reflect that 6 volt bulb. Wishing everyone happy holidays from John and Nancy Peabody Pgh. Pa.

From: "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
There is a nice set of complete L & R NOS taillight assemblies for 1955
Chryslers on eBay at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB
%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=320063897085

or, just plug item # 320063897085 into the eBay search box.

The vendor sent me pictures of the internals and the reflector surfaces are
nearly cherry. Missing one gasket. Lenses do not have the NY spears on
them and one has a rub.

I won't be bidding as mine are quite nice and I can't justify the small
incremental improvement, but my internal reflectors need replating as they
are oxidized black. Has anyone come up with a method of removing, replating
and replacing the internal reflectors? And, does anyone know what metal the
plating on the internal reflectors is? It seems it may be silver. I
previously reported covering the reflectors with shiny chrome racer's tape
and that seems to have worked ok for a temporary fix.

Wishing all a Merry Christmas,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300