Supply and Demand

Key thing about all "toy" collecting:  People desire to improve their
lost youth.  Whether it be a Rosebud sled or neighbors new car,
collectables come in and go out with time. Brass era cars, early toy
trains and cast iron toys and banks(of which Walter P. Chrysler had the
best collection) are now fading in values, with only premo, mint,
originals holding values.  Classic cars are wavering.  As the baby
boomers reach disposable income age and empty-nest and retirement,
their wealth will now be concentrated on lost-youth "toys"---be they
300s, Picassos or Howdy Doody dolls.

The tragedy in this are the widows of collectables freaks that have
been told by their now-dead spouse, "Honey, that **** will worth a
fortune when I die."...and now face a market that has long gone by.
This is happening with Model T's, early toys, trains and other
desirable objects of mostly pre-war age, the Great War, number I. The
question will be the long haul and late 21st century interests.  My
advice is play with the toys now, let the kids go fish. Most interests
last about a lifetime, about 80 years.

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL