[Chrysler300] 300 Supply and Demand subscript/thought?

[Chrysler300] 300 Supply and Demand subscript/thought?

Most of what A ndrew says about things coming into popularity and hen
declining as people age, die off, is true, however this rule/effect seems to
apply mostly to the more everyday items - however there seems a
case/argument that the 'best of the best', often seems somewhat exempt from
this general rule?!

Relative to how that might apply to 300s, here in Australia T Model Fords,
28 Chevs, A Model Fords, even WWII Army Jeeps, have indeed started to come
back in prices as Andrew alludes to in the US, such that they are now
near/below restoration costs. And the two long time 'US darlings', 'love
affairs of car collectors' - Packards and 2 seat baby Bird '55-57 Tbirds
seem to not be rising ever higher re the less concours/mundane models in
your everyday versions of these recently being resold ?!

So where 300s fit in in this scenario, future, remains unclear - however
look at big cubic inch veterans, any true pre WWII performance, sports car,
or say Auburn V12, or open/Boatail '36 era Auburns, etc, never mind your
'Dueusi's, and values there are not going down from from observations from
afar?!  - try buying an early 19'teens' year Mercer for the same or less
than a Dodge 4 or Model A Ford, let alone the price of a 300F or 300G !!??
(The restorable remains of a 1912 Mercer are only about 5 miles from me
here, but the guy who saved it 40 years ago, won't put a price on what just
looks like just scrap to most likely everyone but him and me.)

So for what it is worth, my 'aussie two bobs worth' is any 300 with good
looks (relative to it's year/peers), and also good performance, and
generally correct and with good body/condition, is not going to decline in
value like the everyday real pedestrian auto/autos of same age may/will when
us baby boomers are gone, or just gone senile, or put in wheel chairs, or
whatever (other?) happy times lie ahead for us all ?!

Anyhow all this talk is, should be, somewhat irrelevant to most of those/us
who collect 300s - because hopefully there are still plenty of us who not
only like their appearance, but still also get pleasure, even sometiimes a
thrill, out of putting that key in the ignition, starting a reasonable/big
horsepower big Chrysler V8, and if warmed up, sticking one's boot into it,
even if only so ever briefly re today's laws. And if we have a high
compression, big duration cam 300 motors, that sets off jap/other 'buzz box
cars' high tech often stupid talking/warning car alarms as we pass, all the
better, this perhaps reducing the 'needs for car park tire smokies' so
much/somewhat !!!?

Those of us who don't have a lot of money and got our 300s early/earlier,
are the lucky ones who can enjoy them more easily/honestly - those who buy
them now/later with mega bucks may hopefully still stick their 'foots' into
them, their accelerators, no matter what their collection/purchase motives?
- otherwise they miss a bonus of 300 ownership ?

Merry Christmas from Australia on Christmas day - yesterday while helping
friend move a 57 Cad Eldo, as also then/next a passenger in another friend's
mint 60 Cad CoupedeVille ('60 Cadillac was perhaps one year where Caddy body
had a better quality/solidness than Mopar/300s - certainly the 57 Eldo was
old fashioned re '57 300C's re handling/ride/trans!!?)  saw my first new 300
Touring (station wagon) on the road here yesterday - maybe someone needed
more room for their Christmas presents?

Have a good safe one, Christopher

>From: "L.Andrew Jugle" <lajugle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Supply and Demand
>Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:24:36 -0000
>
>Key thing about all "toy" collecting:  People desire to improve their
>lost youth.  Whether it be a Rosebud sled or neighbors new car,
>collectables come in and go out with time. Brass era cars, early toy
>trains and cast iron toys and banks(of which Walter P. Chrysler had the
>best collection) are now fading in values, with only premo, mint,
>originals holding values.  Classic cars are wavering.  As the baby
>boomers reach disposable income age and empty-nest and retirement,
>their wealth will now be concentrated on lost-youth "toys"---be they
>300s, Picassos or Howdy Doody dolls.
>
>The tragedy in this are the widows of collectables freaks that have
>been told by their now-dead spouse, "Honey, that **** will worth a
>fortune when I die."...and now face a market that has long gone by.
>This is happening with Model T's, early toys, trains and other
>desirable objects of mostly pre-war age, the Great War, number I. The
>question will be the long haul and late 21st century interests.  My
>advice is play with the toys now, let the kids go fish. Most interests
>last about a lifetime, about 80 years.
>
>L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: