[Chrysler300] Past concours event results

[Chrysler300] Past concours event results

John:

My notes are incomplete, but Mike and Sharon Galassi's beautiful low-mileage
1955 C-300 won best of show, our 1955 C-300 won third runner up in the
letter car class, Don Petty's white 60F 4-speed won honorable mention.  All
other letter cars present won trophies and included:
Jack Rose's Maroon 61G coupe
Cecil & Joleen Moore's Red 61G coupe
Jack Rush's Maroon 65L coupe

The only Sport model was Kerm Eskelsen's nice 1967 white over red
convertible, so he won first in that class.

Other MoPars winning trophies included Moana Steinberg's pretty Inferno Red
2006 Chrysler 300-Heritage model with retro-style medallions on doors and
seats.  See:
http://www.autotrucktoys.com/300/OEM-Chrysler-300C-Heritage-Edition-Body-Sid
e-Molding-Kit-P15152C1859.aspx  And a '61 Plymouth Fury drag car with cross
ram engine.

Additions & corrections welcomed.

We also won the hard luck trophy for having to replace trailer tires and
experiencing a differential howl in our Durango.  We are still earning the
trophy as we were only able to nurse the rig to Blythe where there is a
Dodge dealer.  Wrong parts and slow wrenching has us still there with escape
planned for tomorrow.  I'm taking back all the good things I said about the
Durango as a tow vehicle.  Our SLT has smaller differentials than the
Limiteds for some reason.  Those advocating 3/4 to one ton trucks are hereby
acknowledged as having valid viewpoints.  Trailer chassis, axles & tires
rated at 7,000# may be marginal for hauling a 4,000#-4,500# Chrysler 300.
Extra cost for a 10,000# trailer probably worth it.  Drat.

People turnout was good with about 50 at the banquet.  Wet, snowy weather
surrounding Mesa and all over the west kept many of the cars at home.  It
was heart-rending to see megabuck cars at the BJ show parked outside in the
rain before and after their auction.  We had a little misty dew early
Saturday, but otherwise a dry day for the show.

We have some shots of BJ cars, but not of the Red G rag you mention.  The
DeSotos were awesome.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood/Blythe, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300 (running fine, touring lovely downtown Blythe with side
trips to Quartzsite)
2005 Dodge Durango SLT (6 feet up on a rack, mooning the shop parking
lot--awaiting gears and bearings)