[Chrysler300] Importing 300's from overseas

[Chrysler300] Importing 300's from overseas

One might hope that all is as simple as Dee alludes to re no extra charges
than say $10 here or there ?

Oil companies are maybe near as rich as shipping companies, and why? -
anyone remember your former President Kennedy's wife getting involved with
some slightly well off person - who did guess what??! - owned as shipping
line !!  But then maybe he did not get rich running that?

My not too great experiences of shipping cars, items, near always sees them,
never mind the freight forwarders, etc, all present lists of items on their
bills for all sorts of amazing little items that makes one wonder - ok you
can understand quarantine, fumigation, but it seems they see old car
importers as sort of suckers like gas/petrol buyers - namely we have 'got
you' buddy, you are going to fill our pockets even further!!!  Old cars to
many are seen as toys, a luxury, and therefore a soft touch.

Things your end may be way better than here - if so, god luck to you still,

Christopher in Australia

>From: Dee Utu <dee_63_300j@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Re: Importing 300's from overseas
>Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:15:26 -0800 (PST)
>
>Dear friends:
>
>      Thank you all for your courteous and informative replies.
>
>      I was encouraged to find out more about this scenario because of your
>different comments.   So, I called and spoke over the phone with the a
>representative of the U.S. customs in the Long Beach Sea Port.
>
>       If the vehicle is an american made car that is 20 years or older,
>you do not paid any import tax, duties, or whatever, nothing.  You only
>need to deal with smog compliance, etc, but obvioulsy not for the 300's.
>
>      You just go over there and pick it up yourself.  You do not need any
>help or broker.  You will have to pay a fee of $10 to $20 and that's all.
>Of course, you have to have the title and either a bill of sale, or a
>purchase receipt from the seller.  The price you pay does not make any
>difference to customs.
>
>       However, the only catch is that if the car was restored, or
>modified, or fixed while it was overseas, THEN, you could be prepared to
>pay some fees on that, and could be a good amount.    I don't know how this
>can be verified, but, that's a different subject.
>
>        This is a sweet deal!
>
>        Take care!!
>
>   dee

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_dec_meet&_m=EXT

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: