[Chrysler300] 300G Warm Coil now

Hi Again 300 Group,

Thanks for all the information on the Hot Coil Problem, 300 G.

I will need a little time to digest it all.

I used the new Ballast Resistor that came with the Mopar Performance Distributor set up.

It had a resistance printed on it ....     .25 ohms.

Found the new ballast resistor that came with the Mopar high performance coil.

It had a resistance printed on it ....      .8  ohms.

Installed the new   .8 ohm  ballast resistor.   Coil still runs warmer than I

think it should.    I can hold my hand on it and not get burned after 5 minutes of running.

I think it is still too warm.

I found a small hair line crack in the plastic end  running from the  + terminal to the  - terminal.

Probably from running hot.

Do ballast resistors come in any other    ohms  ratings ??????

Also put on  Fatter battery cables     ( 1 Gauge.)

Cranks over fine,  fires right up.

I do have a red  (orange )   Standard electronic box.

May be I should replace the higher performance chrome box with the red  box.

Will need a new coil and resistor, also????????????????

Thank again,

Lauren R Lampi
300 G
Grand Rapids, MN