[Chrysler300] Gimme a clue please as I am clueless !

[Chrysler300] Gimme a clue please as I am clueless !

Anyone want to bitch/moan about how dear things are (300ly) here are a
couple from yesterday here in Australia.  (1) a US $4.95 monthly (Pontiac
Enthusiast) Magazine (if there was a 300 one, price/result would be the
same, and maybe a 69/70 Pontiac 428 or 455 engine Grand Prix is a car in
effect a defacto 300 but for if Chrysler had built it instead of GM?) has a
Australian price of $16.75 - ask the newsagent why when aussie dollar in now
buying near 83c US - reply "because one newsagent thinks that is what he can
get, and others do the same' !!   (2) 4 litres of just ordinary black gloss
enamel you could use on a sandblasted 300 chassis/frame - $89.70 - however
you can get it today on special for $79.70 !!!  (3) 4 litres of ATF auto
trans fluid $35.60  (4) fill two 20 litre fuel cans at the current weekly
cycle low price for gas - goodbuy to $46.80.

Sorry to bore those who are bored re this, but yes things have got bloody
dearer, and no point in complaining about how much it costs to restore a
300, because my guess is we have " anyone who wants to play with a nice car
like most 300s are, is going to have to put some money into it, as thses
cars were often a bit special, and 'special' often costs more'  writtn
across our foreheads, or our ever thinner wallets !!!  Plus as I have said
earlier $50-60K today in a 300, is most likely about what one cost new in
50s-60s money/wages?

But hey - today I am using my first purchased 300C again - beautiful nice
autumn sunny day - in traffic, the guy next to me ( here in Australia if you
drive a lhd car amongst all the other rhd cars, when stopped in the right of
two lanes going same way, you end up not 5 feet from whomever is driving the
car beside you - great if it a nice loking girl !! ) comments to me on what
a great car I have.  Then coming home tonight I miss two sets of lights
where I am a front row car at the lights - me and a 750 Ducati m/c blow out
some bugs/gunk away from the lights up to about 50 mph, both of us only
using/going to  about half revs, ( with a Duke, you can clearly hear that V
twin building revs) he tips his hand to me after I ease off and he passes.
Next corner, one of Adelaide's biggest intersections, 5 major roads meet,
and I get through just on end of green sequence, and take the big wide 3
lane 90 degree turn in the 300 at about 30 mph - effortless, like doing it
at 15 mph!!  Next turn, it near top of one of few hills in this mostly flat
area, as a heavy loaded big B double semi tries to get round on the
remaining green while trying to build up speed, I go round him on the
outside lane as I hoof it, and leave him and rest of modern cars as if
he/they is going backward.

Pull up at local supermarket about 10 mins down road and a slightly chubby
about 10 year old boy  heads me off as I go for the double auto doors. Is he
going to ask me to buy him cigarettes, grog, beg a bus fare - no - "excuse
me, is it OK if I take some pictures of your car?"

What all this overlong rambling is about if/when that if you get a 300 that
is driveable, many of the woes and griefs you suffer getting it that far,
can seem not too bad when you not only get enjoyment out of using your 300,
but seemingly/clearly, give pleasure to others at the same time. (not that I
care what others think, but it nice if for nothing, you give them something
they like??)

Finally - There was one of our coming winter's first heavy dews yesterday
morning on my 300 parked out front outside, so I chamoised it off ( I hate
washing 300s, so a 'nature wash', saves rusting panels), and I also added a
litre of auto trans fluid - then tonight I realise two of my 300Cs were
built April 16 and 18 1957 - so that was one of them's 50th Birthday
present, and tonight I am glad I am driving one of them on that anniversary
- sort of like when you watch the oddometer, hoping to catch it as it rolls
over say 77,777, or 100,000, or whatever !!!

Enough for now, happy 50th 300C Birthday wishes from Australia - be
positive, drive them, put some extra fun in your life !!

Christopher

>From: "Randy Huntzberry" <mdboy1945@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Gimme a clue please!
>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:49:25 -0400
>
>Well we are a couple weeks into this project and we need a clue! Been
>looking on e-bay for some parts for the G, parking lenses, tail light
>lenses, and just things in general. I would appreciate it if you could
>give us some idea as to what this may cost. Parking lite lenses for
>$100+!! Tail lites for $100+!! What in heaven's name would a trunk floor
>cost and who could do it! Got a price on redoing the steering wheel of
>$1300!! Frankly, we don't have $50K or whatever to do this, unless I
>take the next 10 years and the parts will be even higher. I'm sorry to
>say this, but there is too much money out there bidding up these cars
>and parts. I would appreciate if some of you who have done this could
>let me know of some sample costs off the list server if you don't want
>to publicize what you paid for some of this stuff. Thanks, Randy

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles today at Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D27783&_t=762229680&_r=lavalife_apr07_meetsexysingles&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: