RE: [Chrysler300] Convertible Tops

Pete,
I am going to make a suggestion and will be waiting to see if I get a lot of
objections to this.  I suggest that you try very hard to see if, in your
locale, you can find anyone who will custom make and install a top for you.
>From my first convertible in 1954 to the present, I have been very
particular about how a top fits--especially on the sides where they come
down over the frame and where they are in relation to the top of the
windows.  I find that rarely do the tops come down far enough over the frame
to keep the frame from showing.  And that's plain ugly.  No insult intended,
but I have seen some club cars with that exact problem.  Have been told that
installers can adjust for that with prestitched tops, but if that's true,
why do I see the majority of tops not covering the frame perfectly?  I
haven't done a top yet here in San Antonio but think I have already located
a shop that will do it.  In my opinion, it'd be worth it if you could locate
someone.  Possibly ask to see a car with top he's done.
Nancy Terry, lounging in Miami before leaving on a jazz cruise Monday

>From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
>To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Convertible Tops
>Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 06:46:34 EDT
>
>Hi Group:
>
>     Does anyone have a particular source to recommend  for a convertible
>top
>for my K?   Never having bought one, I am  completely in the dark.  Is
>there a
>choice of materials and, if so, what  were the originals   (looks like a
>canvas to me).  Any  improvements available  for the plastic rear windows,
>or are
>we just stuck  with them?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pete Fitch

Don?t quit your job ? Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year.
Start Today!
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: