[Chrysler300] Metalized Paint

Some of the attendees asked for details on the metalized paint on the car I
drove to the Cleveland meet hosted by Bill and Bev Spears this past week.

In restoring my 56 Southampton coupe, I used a fellow that has a process
that “paints” metal such that it appears as though it were chrome plated.

The outer, rear window sills of the coupe were so badly pitted the chrome
plater refused to plate them.  The cost of casting new parts was prohibitive
because of the compound angles, so I had them painted and no one ever knew
until I told them.  This fellow sands the parts, uses body filler to smooth
the part, applies a special base coat, then a metalized paint and then a
clear coat.  Some of my parts came out with a “yellow” cast to them compared
to the chrome and he is working to tone this down by using more blue in the
process.  Most folks didn’t notice the yellowing.

This process is ideal for interior parts and the cost is between 40-60% of
chrome plating.  He did my inside door trim, the inside windshield trim, a
C-pillar medallion and the gold front Imperial emblem as well as the window
sills.  He is setting up to do this full time and I would recommend him
highly.

His name is Don Pirre and he operates out of Pennsylvania.  His email
address is:

don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have questions, feel free to email me or contact him directly.

Tom

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM

Yahoo! Groups Links