[Chrysler300] Re: new wheel studs NOW: Wheel nuts

[Chrysler300] Re: new wheel studs NOW: Wheel nuts

Don,

THanks again.  I'm trying to get a better sense of what you are
saying.  NO to tappered nuts, but what about the suggestion that John
Hertog made about using the lugs with the longer shank that goes into
the wheel itself?   The weird thing is, if you look up the new Torq
Thrust wheels (look alikes to mine) Jegs suggests using tapered lug
nuts!

Hopefully I can find a set of 1/2 lug nuts with the longer shank
(under 1" in length) with matching washers to use on my wheels.
Like these for example:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/
product_10001_10002_314236_-1

Brian

On Jul 14, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Don Verity wrote:

> Brian,
>  If you try and put tapered lug nuts on these wheels they will
> eventually get loose and fall off, probably at a bad time.
> They require the straight shank style lugs. Any real wheel store or
> speed shop should be able to help you. Chain stores probably won't
> have a clue, because your car won't be listed in their computer.
> 300ly,
> Don

>> 17846244/

Yahoo! Groups Links