[Chrysler300] A/C conversions

Dave,
              modifying the firewall is actually pretty easy. Finding the
entire parts car  would be more difficult. If you remove the non-a/c heater box
on the engine  side of the firewall and look at the air door you can see an
indentation, or  stamped line running the circumference around it.  That's the
line you cut  through to make room for the A/C box that bolts in to replace your
non-a/c unit  behind the dash. The other thing you'll have to do while you're
in there is  remove the baffle above all that. It's a metal shield located
directly below the  cowl vent panel. ( that screwed on panel between your
wipers. )

            If  you're really up to it I can take some photos next car I have
apart and I'm sure  I've got parts left over. However, having said that, if
you're not talking 300K  with console and it's a regular 300 without console
I'd recommend an under-dash  unit. They make some really nice black & chrome
60's looking units that  would be right at home and look period correct. You'll
be cruising in cool air  after a  day's work versus weeks of work with old
parts.

        The reason I didn't  use an under dash unit is because it won't fit
with the console.  I basically used the original parts for the dash and
instrument panel with  modern hoses, dryer, condenser and Sanden compressor under the
hood.

Mike Laiserin
Phoenix, Az   ( cooling off to only 102 today  )

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: