Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Sudden Electrical Losses

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Sudden Electrical Losses

I experienced this BIG TIME on the way to Gil's Florida meet, ask Frank
Driscol about that trip, as we ran together on the way down.

Turned out to be the jct wire in the distributor where the 2nd set of points
splice into the hot wire. The crimp was so tight it cut through the wires
one little teeny tiny strand at a time till they were all severed but still
touching, then when things heated up under the hood after a few miles, the
insulation would swell and  would pull the wires apart to the point where
they no longer could jump current and the car would just shut down. This
always happened in  city traffic situations, once on the road I didn't seem
to have so much trouble.

Cost me a couple of mufflers before I found the problem. Split them puppies
wide open!!

Next time we meet and you have 1/2 hr-45 minutes, I'll tell you all about my
VERT EX$PEN$IVE "shorting cell in the battery" tale of woe!!  I have my old
Army buddy who worked in the Co. motorpool to thank for that one!!

Dave Schwandt
stuck in Bordentown, NJ