[Chrysler300] the difficulty of finding early 300 parts

[Chrysler300] the difficulty of finding early 300 parts

>From most recent postings, sounds like it is pretty hard to find either
original good parts/diecast for early year 300s, plus not too common to find
rebuild/replacement parts also? And from our aussie 300D rebuilder came a
cry for help re where do you find that too often pitted 300C/D/E stuff?!

And as more and more rough, basket case, cars are tried to be bought back to
'near, or better than new', finding good original stuff likely will get
harder, however if demand high enough, maybe some common 'wearing out with
use' mechanical parts may become 're-available'?!

Maybe the answer is, the harder you try/look, maybe the luckier you get?
And re looking in Australia, don't think too many good prospects here - only
early 300s are ones needing parts, not providing parts - and newswise,
another 300D headed our way soon I believe - good resto car, nice body, was
on ebay back a while ago. Ds will soon outnumber Fs as most common 300 here.

Christopher in Australia where suddenly our winter crops may fail if spring
rain does not happen, it suddenly turned like late spring, with many of
nation's City water supply dams still near empty, lowest ever in history.

>From: "Warren Anderson" <wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<dennis57300@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 392 water pump rebuild kit?
>Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:22:53 -0700
>

>   is there such a thing and where can i locate one? just back from the
>   nationals for the first time ever. so surprised on the lack of older
>mopar stuff,
>   cars ,parts ,anything. if you dont have a cuda or challenger its almost
>a waist
>   of time
>

>   Recent Activity
>     a..  1New Members
>   Visit Your Group
>     a.. Chrysler 300 series
>     b.. 300 series
>   Y! Sports for TV
>   Game Day Companion
>
>   Live fantasy league
>
>   & game stats on TV.
>
>   Yahoo! Finance
>   It's Now Personal
>
>   Guides, news,
>
>   advice & more.
>
>   Best of Y! Groups
>   Discover groups
>
>   that are the best
>
>   of their class.
>   .
>    A parts house here in town sourced a rebuilt pump for my C300. I have
>not installed the part so do not know how well it will work.
>
>   The housing looks bad. This is a problem I have seen with rebuilt parts
>so when at all possible do not buy rebuilt parts. So, whenever possible and
>the basic condition of the part justifies such action, I would prefer to
>rebuild/repair my own old part. Carburetors are one rebuilt item that I
>have had no end of troubles with. Rebuilt clutches; never a good one.
>
>   For my own car, when I can get to it, I intend to have one of the
>persons in the club that works with the old pumps go through the pump that
>is on my engine. The rebuilt will be a backup. Or, if the first pump won't
>go, I have the rebuilt that could possibly be gone through as I really do
>not like the looks of it as is from a rebuilder. I can still buy new pumps
>for my '56 Internationals and that is great but not my Chrysler -- - GRRRR
>and that is bad.
>
>   Warren Anderson
>   Sedona,AZ

Advertisement: Win Dad the Footy Final with Cadbury Favourites!
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fbs%2Eserving%2Dsys%2Ecom%2FBurstingPipe%2FadServer%2Ebs%3Fcn%3Dtf%26c%3D20%26mc%3Dclick%26pli%3D243221%26pi%3D0%26ord%3D%25%25RANDOM%25%25&_t=765445318&_r=hotmail_email_tagline_Aug07_Cadburys&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: