[Chrysler300] Re:Flat tire related to valve stem failure?

[Chrysler300] Re:Flat tire related to valve stem failure?

Though the valve stem was less than a year old, when the wheel cover started bending it over at some point (apparently reached) there is only so much deflection that the bit of rubber inside the wheel is going to allow before losing its seal as it starts to buckle wanting to pull through the wheel.  And the air will escape.

I've only had one car with creeping covers in recent years and my solution was to install metal valve stems to never have this concern.  With relatively high speed cars such as our 300s and with old wheel covers that have been on /off a couple hundred times, one never knows when the creep will begin;  will it be from the next installation?  Get that cover creeping fast enough and the car doing 100 mph and you have the potential for popping that valve stem out and catastrophe.

To me this is a safety concern that goes beyond having rubber stems for judged events.

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional