[Chrysler300] Warning to F and G owners

Hello,

Went to a local car show this weekend with good friend Tom Miller. I took the white G and Tom took his C. Both of our young sons got to come home with trophies, so that was exciting.

On the way home, we experienced some "spirited" driving. About halfway home, and at a somewhat accelerated rate of speed, I heard a "pop"and then some strange beating noise. I let off as my first thought was that a tire was disintegrating. After coasting for a while, I determined that the tire was O.K. and commenced hammering again.

When I got home, I learned that the noise was from the upper windshield molding. The right side screw had popped out and the trim swung around pivoting on the left side screw. It scratched up the roof a little, but at least it didn't fly off. I think it can be reused.

So, I noticed the last couple of times I washed the car that I had to push the trim back down, I just didn't pay attention to the true cause. Probably could have avoided another trip to the body shop if I had "listened" to the car better before this happened.

I know this is a problem that goes way back. My dad tells me it happened on the new cars he was selling.

Just a word of warning if you tend to beat on them a little (or a lot).

Have a nice day.

Richard Osborne

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: