  From: htp60300f
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 4:43
  Subject: FOLLOWUP: 300C Hauls A** was: Re: [Chrysler300] Warning to F and G owners

  --- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Thomas Miller" <tfm@...> wrote:
  >Hi there,
  Just letting you know that my march 5 1960 300f has the screws at
  the ends of the top stainless trim surround of the front and rear
  windscreens. Also my '55 New yorker convertable also has screws at
  each end of the top trim front screen. The hokes look punched and
  drilled and look very original. Thought you all might like to know,
  Thanks
  Mike in wet cold southern Victoria, Australia.
  > Ok,
  >
  > As the other party affiliated with the (Ahhem) "sprited" driving
  that started this thread, I can tell you that my 300C produced in
  March of '57 does indeed have a screw affixed at either end of its
  upper windshield modling. The molding itself appears to have been
  stamped to mate with the pan head type screws that are currently
  there.

  > I'll also report that nothing at all flew off of the car at
  125MPH+ <grin>. So, please would all of you F & G owners stay to
  the right when you see a C, D or E closing in your rear view
  mirror..... <BIGGER GRIN!>

  > Take care everybody.
  >
  > TFM

  > Pete, et al,
  > Very interesting info. regarding the windshield upper
  molding. Recently (at the Lawton Meet) it was pointed out to me
  that the upper windshield stainless molding on my C was perhaps
  incorrectly mounted since the ends were affixed wirh screws. Was
  this a modification made by a previous owner during restoration
  without the proper clips? Could this been from the factory since my
  C was a late August '57 car and there was a shortage of clips and
  this was the factory remedy to just get the car shipped to the
  dealer? Or could this have been out of necessity after one flying
  off at any speed? An interesting validation car was the '57 DeSoto
  Adventurer hardtop seen this summer at '57 Heaven in Branson, MO.
  It had an identicle screw arrangement at the corners of the upper
  windshield molding that I have! See you in Springfield! ROB KERN

  had "listened" to the car
  > better before this happened.
  >
  > I lost the molding twice on my K - finally realized that as your
  speed
  > increases, so does the vacuum built up just at the top of the
  windshield (either
  > that or the wind is getting under the molding). In either event,
  in addition
  > to screwing the ends down, I found that a piece of double sided
  tape running
  > the length of the molding strip solves the problem once and for
  all.

  > Pete Fitch

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: