RE: [Chrysler300] California fires

I wish all those in bushfire risk areas the very best - fire can be truly terrifying, both re the risk to lives and animals, plus then also to personal belongings, often irreplaceable photos, plus of course from the 300 website point of view, our cars/300s.
I had for 15 years after my father died battled/outlasted bad Bank Managers, multiple drought, flood, hail, record low prices, gluts you name it, and still intended to stay a farmer on a great piece of ground I loved until one hot day when my header caught fire after it's governor self destructed and spread molten bits onto header and crop below it, and first the fuel tank exploded as I tried to put fire out, and then I watched the crop fire I was fighting heading for my home at about 20mph and all my cars around it. Fire with a hot wind behind it is so huge a force/thing.

Australia (with it's often fire feeding oil rich eucalypts) has had summer fires as one of it's often annual heartaches, and even now after hundreds of years of dealing with and fighting them, debate is still current whether to allow residents to stay and fight to save their homes.  Embers fly ahead for great distances, and the biggest single thing one can do to help save one's house is make sure the roof gutters are cleaned out of any leaves, flammable rubbish, all rubbish/brush near house removed, plus then if staying with the house, or before leaving, use hose/sprinklers to totally wet/fill the gutters.  ((No one here builds in fire areas with timber shingle roofs, which you may have over there, and your only hope with them would be to keep them wetted down ?!) The other thing we are taught is if you flee a fire in your car if your house seems at risk to great to stay, then do not get out if fire catches you - your odds are better in the car until fire passes over you.

May none of you ever need these two thoughts/tips,

Christopher in Australia

To: John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:14:25 -0700Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] California fires

We are OK in Long Beach with our '62 300 Sport (H Package) and our '62 NY Wagon; although they look like ashen over messes. There are fires all around and it is gross! The sky is either burnt orange when the sun can sort of get through the clouds or the sky is totally gray with ashes falling everywhere. Others are closer than I to any actual fires, but it is disgusting out here and almost 1000 homes lost to date.Thanks for asking!"John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Anyone know if all of our Southern California members are OK? Are theircars ok? Pretty bad situation out there.JL[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]Matt Allyn__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: