[Chrysler300] RE: Black plates...X2

All true guys, up until 6 or 8 years ago when the
state of California changed the rules as I understand
it. It used to be prior to then, that a plate once
issued was NEVER re-issued. Not so anymore. That's why
who ever has a black plate today, the price will be up
in the $100 range or more. Bottom line is where once
upon a time if you had a black plate California car
you know it had been in California at least prior to
'70-'71 when they went to blue W/ yellow letters (7
digits).  Want to make your '50s or '60s car look like
it started life in California, Find a Black plate and
lay your money down! FYI Jeff, Prior to the Black
plate W/ Yellow print, from '56 thru' '62 they were
yellow W/ black print and California forced all
vehicles to switch to the Black plate. Hope I've got
Y'all thoroughly confused now! Regards, Jerry
BTW...Thanks for the reinforcement Rich

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional