[Chrysler300] 300B 3N562031 Special order "SO" owned by Mr Kenneth Lloyd

[Chrysler300] 300B 3N562031 Special order "SO" owned by Mr Kenneth Lloyd Perry (Ken Perry) of Grass Valley California.

Dear Letter car enthusiasts, Attached is a previous e-mail seeking
information about 300B 3N562031 which was a special order owned by the
late Mr Ken Perry. I was excited to learn recently that Ken in his
lifetime was a recipient of the prestigious "Hudson Auberlin" Award on
25th June 2000 at the Chrysler 300 Club meet in Denver Colarado.

This award has only been extended 4 times up till this time, so I
thought that this fact might rekindle some memory of Ken amongst CA
enthusiasts out there, who might share with me some history of Ken & his
cars, particularly his 300B which I am now the proud owner, and which
was a Special order car that Ken had owned for over 25 years.

I believe the award was presented by Ken Smith & Bruce Toelle, who I
believe were friends of Ken.

Love to find out a little more about Ken and this unique 300B, which I
am led to believe by his wife Faye, was his favorite letter car.

I'd love to hear some history from those who remember him.

Warm Regards

Sean Morgan

300B & D in OZ

PREVIOUS E-MAIL 27/01/07

Hello out there to all letter car enthusiasts.

Like most of you guys, I am keen to do a little research on our new car,
a very interesting 300B that we purchased Down Under recently. It was
sold on E-bay around January last year to another Australian who we
acquired it from.

So, we are the proud owners of a very interesting 300B, and with some
help to date, have determined that it was owned previously for more that
25 years by Mr Ken Perry. Who lived in Oakland then moved to Grass
Valley California, where he had resided for a great many years. Sadly,
Ken passed away at the great age of 82 in July 05. Ken was a long time
Chrysler letter car and Studebaker enthusiast and owned a very large
collection of cars and memorabilia, amongst them quite a number of
letter cars covering most models.

I understand that Ken was active in the 300 clubs. And I am hoping that
anybody who knew Ken or was associated with his collection in some way,
perhaps even now owning one of his cars, might like to contact me with a
little history on him or this interesting car I am trying to research.
Who knows, the ultimate would be to recover any original literature or
documentation or accessories that may have resided with Ken's Estate.

>From what I have discovered, Ken seemed to have good judgment in some of
the rarer cars he had owned over the years, this 300B is no exception.
It was a standard White car, with Standard interior, but carries the
Special Option code on the tag "SO" C322, This was a special build for
some reason, and this is not common on the Tag of other 300B's. If
anyone has any clues I would love to hear from you.

A number of club experts have considered what the SO might represent,
however to date nothing firm can be determined. Despite this I am
grateful for their efforts.

I am sure Mr Perry knew what it was he owned, and it is sad sometimes
when a little History is lost with the passing of our fellow
enthusiasts. It is just my hope that perhaps I can piece some history
together again and document it with the car, for the benefit of my own
historical interest and that of future collectors.

Look forward to any help in keeping the history alive. I have provided
my e-mail address below if you wish to contact me off list.

Best Regards

Sean Morgan in Australia

Also owner or 300D LC4 1414

E-mail: Marianne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Marianne%40spraynozzle.com.au>

IMPORTANT: This email is intended only for the person(s) to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential or legally privileged material.
Any
the
content of this email by person(s) other than the intended recipient is

delete the email from any computer. Opinions and other information in
this
email that do not relate to the business of my employer are not given
nor
endorsed by it. Unencrypted email is not secure and may not be
authentic. If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to

confirm. Spray Nozzle Engineering / Reel - Tech and its related entities

accept no responsibility for changes made to this email or its
attachments
after transmission from Spray Nozzle Engineering / Reel - Tech and its
related entities and do not guarantee that this email or attachments are

virus or error free. If you do not wish to receive further emails from
us,
please forward this email to sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sales%40spraynozzle.com.au> .

IMPORTANT: This email is intended only for the person(s) to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential or legally privileged material. Any
dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon the
content of this email by person(s) other than the intended recipient is
delete the email from any computer. Opinions and other information in this
email that do not relate to the business of my employer are not given nor
endorsed by it. Unencrypted email is not secure and may not be
authentic. If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to
confirm. Spray Nozzle Engineering / Reel - Tech and its related entities
accept no responsibility for changes made to this email or its attachments
after transmission from Spray Nozzle Engineering / Reel - Tech and its
related entities and do not guarantee that this email or attachments are
virus or error free. If you do not wish to receive further emails from us,
please forward this email to sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional