  From: Darrin Bailey<mailto:Darrin.Bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 11:18 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] 1965 300L questions

  I have two questions for any L owners or those familiar with 65
  Chryslers:

  1) Easy one. For the L running light, I know a 7 Watt bulb is
  recommended due to heat, but do we have a bulb size on file. No
  reference is made in the literature. It appears to be a single
  post-small. Do not want to buy 6 to find the right darn size.

  2) Harder one. The L had a serious drip from the torque converter
  today. It appears the converter I have differs from the picture in the
  factory service manual that indicates a drain lug in the "front shield."
  Mine has no drain plug, just a weep hole-center lower edge and four
  small blots along the lower edge. I tightened the bolts slightly and
  less drip, but why the serious leak? The car had not been started for
  two weeks prior. I also have not started the car, to fully test the
  leakage now after a little tightening. Is their a real seal behind this
  aluminum plate or just screws washers? Are real seals available from
  NAPA? Should I need to service both pan gasket/filter at the same time?
  Dip stick was full and pink.

  Thanks,

  Darrin Bailey

  Another L added to the stable