From: "Don Warnaar" <300country@xxxxxxx>
To: <Darrin.Bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <lettercars@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Sure Grip Rear - 300L

Darrin, Gil and all,

There is some contradiction in the literature I have.  The AMA specifications has Sure-Grip as an option in one listing and standard in another listing of the rear axle specifications.  The listings show the axle ratio for both standard and limited slip differentials, so that would imply that it was not standard but was an option.  On the Car Production Broadcast sheet for the 300L, it shows Sure Grip as item #59, with a 2 filled in the blank for the car that has it.  It is blank on those cars that do not have it.  This would obviously indicate that it an option.  Motor Trend's road test in 1965 listed it as being on their test car.  I recall having the choice when I ordered my car, and I am quite sure that I do not have it on my L.  At any rate, it definitely was available during the entire 1965 model year.  If additional research turns up any other information, I will share it with the group.

Don Warnaar