From: christopher beilby [mailto:thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2007 9:37 a.m.
To: Owen Grigg; lettercars@xxxxxxx; darrin.bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Sure Grip Rear - 300C ?

My Dec 1956 build Daytona "Flying Mile" car/300C has a limited slip diff
fitted, however at this stage I do not know if it is factory fitment.  After
the car ran at Daytona in early Feb 1956, Briggs Cunningham (a la the
Cunnigham sports race car Le Mans attempts), took the motor and car to set
the supercharger mixtures correctly that limited/wrecked Daytona speeds to
just over 150mph, and set them up on his engine dyno, reinstalled it and did
whatever mods he felt necessary, whereafter the car ran supposedly
undefeated at various eastern states drags for some period.

The car has seemingly all other corrrect factory equipment, orig numbers
everywhere, however Cunningham would have been savy enough to fit limited
centre diff if car did not have it then, even to it still having one of only
two known special build superchargers that I believe Cunningham was behind
seeing built, one off, uprated to seeming so rare race specs.

Whatever, either way, the diff centre would have to have been available
either Dec 1956, or mid 1957?!

Christopher in Australia where some southern parts just had hottest November
since white settlement/arrival in the 1800s

  _____