[Chrysler300] re 1957 Chrysler rear cut on ebay

[Chrysler300] re 1957 Chrysler rear cut on ebay

May I suggest anyone seeing the 1957 Chrysler rear cut on ebay, that they most strongly heed the warning and description given in the listing, namely that it must be collected in 30 days, etc.

I had what I will call the 'slight misfortune' to buy this cut for $500 using "Buy it now", after telling the seller I might need up to three months to get it collected in a worst case scenario.

Post auction I was going to ask through this website for anyone who might help collect it, but I found Australia's second largest US 50s car importer, who needed something about this size to finish a container he was shipping from the east side of US, so I went interstate and organised his man in US collect it - and let the seller know, told him however first, I would only work in with what suited him, re when it to be collected.

Unfortunately about 10 weeks after the purchase, the cut had not been collected, and I now also had difficulty finding out when exactly it was to be picked up,  And the ebay seller, who I thought was not too troubled because he had asked it OK if he put it outside, but would cover it, suddenly said he wanted it gone.

Meantime I found out from a friend, the aussie who was getting it collected had been told just couple of weeks before he had to have major surgery, then treatment for 3-6 months before he knew his prospects, so I immediately asked seller did he know anyone I could pay to take it to a local transport depot, even say a/his lawn mower man, anyone ? - he refused, and he said he was going to repay money. When I said no don't do that, I would get a local truck to pick it up within three days, he paypalled money to my account, using detail he had from the original purchase, less what he claimed, plus less for the deteriorated condition he said it was now in as it had been out in the open.  When I told him I would not accept that, that I was also more $hundreds out of pocket than I paid him on top of that re arranging getting it collected, and he said in effect 'too bad if the guy is dying, ask him for your other money anyway'.  Plus I think he added something like 'God Bless Me'. I left the money unclaimed for some time, but the seller made it clear, the now uncovered rear cut was not going to get in better condition - so I was going to lose more !!

Now I see the item readvertised for $100 more than I paid - so much for him saying it was now worth way less, and he was being generous refunding what he did ?!

Certainly things did not go as I planned, but I care more for my aussie friend of over 10 years, (he one of Aust's truest 50s Mopar fans/guru/multi make car lover, despite he only in late 30s) and his possible recovery, than disputing ownership of something that ebay clearly recorded as me winning and paying for.

The purpose of this post is basically to say/warn, Ebay is great for many 300ly items, bits you need, but I suggest beware if there are clear warnings in listings, that if "any thing" does not go as planned, you likely will be the only loser?

Sorry to take up space again - but I did not chose when item was listed, and intended keeping off the site for a while to give all a bit of a break - I could say a lot more, like do not expect because they own a 300 they will care enough to at least give one possible name of someone/anyone to pay to get it moved as they wished !?? - if all we lose is money, we are still better than so many in sadly too many parts of the world where life is too often worthless, it taken so easily.

I will get my final 300C finished without this cut - and this fellow 300C owner's belief in that he did the 100% right/fair thing.

If I have any of this wrong, I'd be interested to hear, but quite honestly I've had enough of this already - like part of the deal/money I paid for collecting the cut involved me letting go a genuine set of 15 inch Chrysler chrome wire wheels and caps I had had on my second 300C  - ironic the seller has been chasing some, doubt he will ever get mine now though?

Christopher in Australia
What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: