Thanks for the update, Mats.  Glad to hear the project is still  underway.
I'll look forward to the finished product.
300ly, Gil

In a message dated 3/9/2008 8:42:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mats.wignell@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  friends,

I was the one who brought the reproduced heel plates to the  Asheville meet.
They are still in the working process and not yet  available. However, I
spoke to clubmember Kjell Johansson who has made the  example that I showed
at the clubmeet, two weeks ago. He is still trying to  solve the last
details. He is determined to make a 100% copy of the  originals and I'm sure
when he is ready for to send them, they will be  perfect.

Regards,

Matts  Wignell
Sweden

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fran:  Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]För
lettercars@xxxxxxx
Skickat: den  8 mars 2008 18:39
Till: Jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx;  chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Re: [Chrysler300] F  parts

Hi Johnnie and All:
Gary Goers reproduces the "ribbed"  300F-H console tops.  I used his in  my
F.
Quite pleased with  them.  Did have to relocate two of the holes  for the
aluminum  trim strip attachement bolts.  They come as straight  pieces,  but
with
care, they bend to the correct shape fine.  It would  be  impossible to
restore
most console tops because they are  commonly very  scratched.
For the AL strips, I used Ano-Brite, Inc in  California to do my  originals.
Cost at that time (3/06) was  $450.  Again, I was quite  pleased, although
there were a couple  deep defects that were not filled, and   consequently
still
visible.  They have apparently changed ownership  or  something, as the web
site I
had is no longer applicable.   The one  referenced is now:
_http://www.kingoftrim.com/_  (http://www.kingoftrim.com/)
I don't know how anyone could restore the heel  plates without
removing---sanding I suppose---large amouts of metal.   Obviously, they are
always full of
deep scratches.  (I haven't  installed any yet in my  car!)  There was
someone
at the  Asheville meet that was going to reproduce  them, and actually had  a
sample there, but I never heard of those plans   materializing.
300ly, Gil C.

In a message dated 3/3/2008 1:52:54  PM Eastern Standard Time,