Re: [Chrysler300] 38th Annual Spring Meet - Eagle River, WI

Re: [Chrysler300] 38th Annual Spring Meet - Eagle River, WI

Hey Gang,

Thought I'd chime in here about Eagle River and
encourage anyone who was still deciding to attend the
meet. I've spent a fair amount of time in Eagle River
over my life, including working up there three summers
while I was in college. (I've even visited Carlton!)

It may seem like sort of an obscure place to those of
you from far away, but it's really quite a vibrant
tourist area, with lush forests, clear skies, and
beautiful lakes. I believe it has the highest
concentration of lakes of any county in Wisconsin.

The town is quaint with lots of little shops. It's not
quite as rustic as it used to be, there's even a
swanky restaurant now. The supper clubs Carleton
mentioned before are fun and won't leave you hungry.
(I don't think they got a McDonald's until the early
1990's, I remember the locals at the diner saying they
didn't understand what the fuss was about the McD
burgers.)

It's also my favorite time to be there, right before
the start of the high tourist season, and the cool
nights will keep the mosquitos at bay. Daytime highs
are usually very pleasant then. Blackflies aren't too
common there, either!

So, there's my recommendation. Come on up!

Andy Mikonis
Chicago, supposed to be above freezing tomorrow.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional