From: christopher beilby <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Larry Nirenberg <lnirenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; 'Ray Jones' <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>; rdrnr6970@xxxxxxx
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 Broadcast' <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 8:20 am
Subject: [Chrysler300] 'aussie johns', and 300C manual steer box sought

In Austrlaia, if one talks about 'there being lots of johns', many would take
that to mean the place has plenty of toilets - don't know the origins of this
'aussie johns' though.  But I also can tell you South Australia is having a
rather unusual autumn, weather generally.  February when George and Nancy Terry
visited the old house where I keep about 10 of my cars, still summer, and yet
then you nearly needed jumpers.
Autumn begins in Australia in March, and first Adelaide just broke the longest
number of continuous days of heat wave in a row in recorded (white man) history,
then 2 days ago, also the longest capital City heatwave in nation ever, then
last night the hottest March night ever recorded.  And still another four days
of 110 degree temps before cool change will drop it into the 90s. And the ants
are going crazy, invading everywhere into near everyone's houses. F1 Grand Prix
is on in Melbourne this week - 110 degrees yesterday, near same tipped for the
race tomorrow - so all of south part of nation copping it's crazy autumn share.

Plus gas prices tipped to top/hit around $7 a gal for Easter, that for 92
octane, with 98 another 50-80c a gal.  How about as a Club Project, someone
invents a machine that we can travel back in time, to say the mid- late 60s -
not only was gas a gift, radar speed cameras , and max speed limits not invented
then in most places, but also, boy I bet there were plenty of low miles 300s you
could buy that were still pretty mint!!? - and if we could also go back in our
ages, there might be a pretty gal or two we could put in the passenger seat and
take to the drive-in or beach on nice nights??!!

Bugger, I think I just came back to reality!!  Hopefully tomorrow some of you
wherever you are can get a 300 or two out of the garage and go for a nice drive
if your weather is not as hot as is here, or as cold as some parts of US shown
on our weather over here.

Christopher in Oz
ps 1. where would I get a manual steering box for a 300C, as part of a motor
freshen up, new rings, I am thinking of putting pair of spare McCullochs plus
idler tension arms etc on my original 300C, starting by copying for one the
single bracket etc on my supercharged C - however you cannot run power steering.
eg did '57 New Yorkers came fairly common without power steering, and if so
anyone got a box they want to sell?ps 2. does anyone know if the air ducts under
the headlights of 300C-E were ever actually fitted with any further
ducting/tube/whatever to the rear of their fiberglasses, to feed cool air more
direct onto front brakes? - and/or, has anyone modified 300C backing plates to
add raised ducts/scoops, or drilled air holes into backing plates to allow more
air in and out?!  Checked the font brakes on my original 300C other day, and the
linings look like they have had a bad time, they metallic sintered, but massive
crack running lenghtwise through centre of shoes - they really pull you up as
well as modern 235 15 radial will bite, but obviously linings get pretty warm?
(and no I am not interested in going discs - the drums bury you into the bitumen
as well as any disc would for the number of high speed stops road use, laws
today, allows - maybe for racing discs, but not for me/originality)

To: hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx; rdrnr6970@xxxxxxxxx: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
lnirenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:52:01 -0400Subject:
RE: [Chrysler300] thanks to everyones responses so far!?s about working on y b

With ex-govenor Spitzer's recent foibles fresh in our minds, saying thereare a
lot of Johns in the club is hmmmm questionable._____ From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] OnBehalf Of Ray JonesSent: Friday, March
14, 2008 5:47 PMTo: rdrnr6970@xxxxxxxxx: Chrysler 300 BroadcastSubject: Re:
[Chrysler300] thanks to everyones responses so far!?s aboutworking on y bHi
again John;Keep asking questions, that's the only way to learn, OK, you can
learn by mistakes sometimes, but that's called experience.good to have you in
the club, these people will give you all the help you can stand.Why don't you
identify yourself, there's lots of Johns, and tell us where you live.Ray
JonesMena, AR 71953[Non-text portions of this message have been
removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)