RE: [Chrysler300] Gold Paint

Hello All,

Catalyzed urethane is a tough paint, and once cured, exhibits good
resistance to solvents, gasoline and judicious spritzes of starting fluid.
A consensus color should be achievable.  Gloss level is another
consideration that most likely could be worked out to Club specification.
It would be a durable and good looking finish.  Obviously it's not an
original equipment formulation, but otherwise; what's not to like?

Prevail is the trademark name of the little charged spray-bottle kit.  All
body shop supply houses have them.

Catalyzed paint formulations are anything but traditional paint chemistry.
Solvent-based coatings are not good for you, but catalyzed urethane coating
vapors and overspray are an extreme health hazard.  Even relatively minor
respiratory exposure can change your life: something to keep in mind.

That said they are used every day, and have proven to be safer for
technicians and the environment because of these necessary precautions: "A
Better World Through Chemistry" as DuPont used to say, is here.

I like the idea.  Do it once do it right-durable.

Ed J

San Mateo, CA