Re: [Chrysler300] ZDDP re-visited-the bottom line

Re: [Chrysler300] ZDDP re-visited-the bottom line

 Vell, I took zee bull by da horns and fired off a question
on this topic to the 'Shell AnswerMan'. I am now playing
the waiting game to see what reply might come my way.

Specially because I happen to know that the EPA has a
set of diesel fuel and oil requirements kicking in this year or next.
Cleaner fuel and oils are the 'goal' once again.

I have to ask my middle daughter about that tomorrow.
(she controls the $$ at a local shipping co. terminal here)

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy

> We hashed this subject to death a few months ago.

> I want to point out to the group that Bruce is mistaken in his post, where he
> stated, "All of todays oils now have zero zinc..." and "...by 2004 no oil has
> any zinc as per EPA."

> There are several companies which produce and sell motor oils which contain
> appropriate amounts of ZDDP for our 300s (and other autos of the period). They
> are motor oils which are directed to the diesel engine market. Mobil and Shell
> are two of those companies.

> I use Mobil Delvac 1300 Super in my "F" and in my '70 Chevelle LS-5 *without
> reservation* -- there are more than adequate amounts of ZDDP in that product (as
> well as other benefits). Shell Rotella T is nearly identical to Delvac 1300
> Super in it's specifications, including the amount of ZDDP it contains.

> Both of these products are available in 10W-30 and 15W-40 viscosities.

> Mike Reed in Lake Odessa, Michigan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: