[Chrysler300] Fw: Oils for old cars

----- Original Message -----
From: RSC:Lubricants
To: William Miller
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 1:59 PM
Subject: RE: Oils for old cars

William,
Thank you for your interest in our products.  The text below is a copy of a release that our company made to our marketers in regards to this very subject.
You are more than welcome to pass this information along to whomever you please.

February 22, 2008

Dear ConocoPhillips Lubricants Marketer,

As part of our ongoing commitment to identify and provide you, our valued Marketers, with products, programs and tools to help you grow your business, we are pleased to announce that 76 High Performance Motor Oil SAE 20W-50, Kendall GT-1® High Performance Motor Oil SAE 20W-50 and Phillips TropArtic® Racing Motor Oil 20W-50 will be reformulated. The reformulated oils will contain a boosted level of zinc dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDDP) in order to offer enhanced wear protection and oxidation resistance for use in the most demanding applications. The new formulations will be in production in all plants by March 1.

We are confident that the enhanced formulation will address concerns within the industry about current ILSAC GF-4 and API SM engine oils and whether they contain sufficient levels of ZDDP to protect older engines, especially high-performance engines with flat-tappet camshafts. The newly reformulated SAE 20W-50 viscosity grades of 76 High Performance Motor Oil, Kendall GT-1® High Performance Motor Oil and Phillips TropArtic® Racing Motor Oil will contain approximately 1200 ppm zinc. Higher levels of ZDDP, which provide antiwear/antiscuff protection as well as oxidation inhibition, can help protect these new camshafts during the critical break-in period.

The reformulated SAE 20W-50 viscosity grades will continue to provide excellent protection in gasoline-fueled competition engines, turbocharged engines, and high-performance street engines, including those with flat-tappet camshafts.

Please be sure to share this exciting reformulation announcement with your customers who service high-performance racing engines and stay tuned for announcements about the availability of this reformulated product. Please contact your MSR with any questions.

Sincerely,

Phil Sontag
Director of Marketing, Automotive Lubricants