RE: [Chrysler300] Could this be Adam II? The real performance years wer

RE: [Chrysler300] Could this be Adam II? The real performance years were pre-Lettercar

In my opinion I think this is where there is some misunderstanding of what
happened in '51-54. There were complete performance packages available and
they were available to the general public, they were not simply experimental
cars. The'53 NYer Special,"Adam" is proof of that. It sat in the dealer
showroom for a number of months before a member of the public bought it, at
a discounted price that is! Granted that performance was not easy to access
but it was available if you really wanted it. Chrysler had done its testing
and was happy to sell these cars, the more the better, to get entry into
production classes in road racing.

The 300 was Chrysler's way of saying here's a performance car wrapped up in
a pretty package and you don't need to think about what HP options you need
or don't need, just ask for a 300.

My 2c worth.

Owen