  From: johnl
  To: tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; cotejohnr@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] silicon brake switch problems

  Of our seven collector cars only one (1957 300C) has silicone brake fluid. It was in the car when I purchased it back in '95. Over the years I've probably replaced a dozen switches because they continually fail. I now carry one or two spares in the glove box of the car for this reason.

  A few years back I installed the AAJ disc brake kit on the front of this car and still have the same issue with the exception of the car stopping much better than before. The pedal has always felt more "spongy" than any of the other cars so I installed steel braded lines on the front and that greatly improved the problem.

  As John Cote states I've had the ongoing problem of no brake lights when stepping on the pedal, but have never had one stick on. As John states it could be the piston in they master sticking. I've also experienced on a '56 New Yorker that if the adjustment of the free play in the pedal was to tight the stop lights would stay on and on occasion the brakes would lock up after driving the car and getting everything warm.

  John Lazenby, Southern California

  1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
  1955 Imperial Newport
  1955 Chrysler C300 Tango Red
  1956 Chrysler 300B Cloud White
  1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe Raven Black
  1960 Chrysler 300F Coupe Alaskan White
  1963 Volkswagen Beetle Black
  2000 BMW 323ci Titanium Silver Metallic w/Red Leather
  2001 BMW ///M5 Titanium Silver Metallic (A Modern Super Car)
  http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=18
  2002 Mercury Mountaineer Premier (V8)