Re: [Chrysler300] Overfill on Torqueflight

Re: [Chrysler300] Overfill on Torqueflight

I believe it to be purely economics.  The drain plug may add 10 cents to
the cost of the pan.  Take that times the number of pans purchased and
you will understand.  Also the manufacturer doesn't want you to do any
maintenance so you will be back to buy another car as soon as possible.
Of course the dealers and service companies want you to come to them for
maintenance and the time it takes is factored into the cost.  Just my
opinion.

MN. Marshall

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:49:53 -0700 Ryan Hill <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Using a suction device they may be able to draw out enough fluid
> through the dipstick tube with a long hose? This method is often
> used to replace fluids in axle housings and gearboxes etc.
>
> Any time I have a trans pan off a car I like to add a drain plug.
> It's sure a lot easier and less messy to maintain. Not sure why more
> vehicles don't come with trans drains? Perhaps someone out there
> knows. I always just assumed it was because of the low frequency of
> fluid changes and the fact that it's always good practice to pull
> the pan and change the filter, gasket, and inspect. Ryan Hill

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)