[Chrysler300] Re: fuel tank sending unit

[Chrysler300] Re: fuel tank sending unit

Atwater-Kent is the company that made the senders originally for Chrysler and most others and is making reproductions today in stainless steel being sold by Van's Salvage, Atlas, and many others.  Van's doesn't list our senders on his web page but he has them.  Van's is much less expensive than Atlas.

There are some compromises in these senders.  I might summarize them as being somewhat "universalized" so that they did not exactly duplicate every detail nuance of every individual part number ever made which must have numbered in the tens of thousands.  So, sometimes you have to bend a pickup tube or a float arm and sometimes they end up reading less than perfectly on the gauge but at least they are available.  They are complete units with float, gasket and retaining ring.

Keep in mind Gary Nelson supplies the filter sock on the pickup tube, the ring gasket to the tank and the filler neck seal also if you are trying to save your original, as well as replacement ceramic filter elements and parts if you've been running rust from the tank towards your carburetor.  Actually, I wonder if GN maybe sells the repro senders??

Wayne

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: