Re: [Chrysler300] need trans guru

  As to who to call, that I don't know, but from any manual on the subject, I will suggest, it would seem that if line pressure is up around 90 psi to begin with that there should be sufficient pressure to engage the forward clutch which is singularly  necessary for all forward gears and to include breakaway. Lacking info as to lack or proper operation of reverse, would assume it is working so pump is OK??? Probably lost pressure to forward clutch and it is now gone??? Guru for old cast iron TF units will pipe in soon and confirm or deny this probable sequence of events leading to failure. And, BTW, newer electronic transmissions and not necessarily from Chrysler, strangely enough, can burn up the forward clutch and be go in any selector position (and I will not burden you with the rest of the story).

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

  who can my transmission buddy call for do's and don'ts, latest and
  greatest info on 57 transmission rebuild?

  he rebuilt it one month ago and forward gears dissapeared in less than
  100 miles.

  billlllll in kennewick

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional