Re : [Chrysler300] John Hertog

I am sitting at my computer, reading all these mails concerning John but I can't hardly believe this very sad news. He had a long-time?illness but no one could expect such an end.

We already had to suffer from the loss of our dear Eleanor, this is another terrible loss for our club !

I had never met him but we were in touch together since 1998 when?I got a call from him after I had placed an ad in the Club News for parts. Who was this guy talking french so perfectly on the phone ? He was such a nice guy, very knowledgeable in 300s of course but I will remember from him is his devotion towards club members. As if he had not enough to do with his own cars, he still had time to help other members. He was just incredible.

I still keep in mind all he had to do to get me parts for my power steering box when all rebuilders refused to sell parts separately. Like many others, I also?got parts from him. He could?buy parts in lots, for his own needs but?also for the club members benefit, at fair prices. We must be quite a few international members to have bought parts from him.

We always used to talk or write in french together, he enjoyed it, he said it was a kind of exercise for him, but he didn't need to, his french was perfect.?His real firstname was "Jean, a french firstname that he had to change into "John" in USA. I called him "Jean" ! I can't believe I will never be in touch with him again !

I know US club members will pay him the last tribute he deserves !?As for us?overseas, we?will think about him, about Helen and all his friends and relatives.?

Well, Jean, you make me feel really sad today !

Gilles (FRANCE)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: