[Chrysler300] Harley davidson hydraulic brake lite switch

[Chrysler300] Harley davidson hydraulic brake lite switch

Subject: Silicone fluid & brake lites. 1960 and prior

Well folks, I'm here to say that the Harley brake lite switch, part #72023-51D @$19.35 plus tax, ain't the answer either when used with silicone fluid. Im was under thge impression this part was FOR that application. It DID fit and worked FINE AT FIRST but.....

Went on a 50 mile cruise with a local MoPar club yesterday in the F and had a great time with some great cars and grand scenery up along the Mighty Mississippi north of Dubuque, IA. First time we have really had it out for an extended trip in quite a long time.

However upon returning home after dark and pulling in the garage I noticed , you guessed it, NO BRAKE LIGHTS!! Not a good thing!!

So, I guess it's back to the drawing board on the brake light issue. Guess I'll have to retrofit a '61 and later style mechanical switch under the dash. Not looking forward to that, trying to get holes in the proper place to position the switch to make the correct contact with the brake pedal arm.

I'm totaly tired of messing with this as it has been an issue with this car for what seems like forever. I'll bet I have replaced at least 6 or 7 of these and now this, the latest and greatest supposedly engineered for silicone fluid. Another $20 down the tubes!

However, the M/C and wheel cly's still look like brand new inside, for what that's worth!!

Dave Schwandt
Frustated and for tyhe moment parked 'F' in IA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)