RM said the NASCAR  connection couldn't be confirmed with certainty.)   No
kidding.
Apparently this car was "restored" to kind of mechanically duplicate C300s
#1 or #2 which competed at Daytona.  Neither of those cars were  red.
I think this is a great example of developing a "story" on a car that
gradually morphs into the "truth" if repeated enough times.  Evidently  someone
thought the story was worth 180 or so thousand bucks---or at least if  repeated a
few more times----would be.  Personally, I have no use for this  nonsense.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL
A perfect day here today!

In a message dated 9/16/2008 11:19:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,