  From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of lettercars@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:51 AM
  To: obiwan10@xxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; c300@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 C-300 Sold on eBay

  All:
  The more expensive of the two C300s, 3N55 2283 ($181,500 worth!) MUST be
  commented on. Almost everything stated about the car, except the fact it
is a
  legitimate C300 and of fine quality, is untrue. It started out its life as
  Platinum car, equipped with power steering, radio with rear speaker, a
  heater, and a power seat. Certainly it had a clock, as they were standard.
The
  statement about being equipped with steel wheels---ostensibly for
  "racing"----rather than the more common wires is idiotic. Actually, the
great majority of
  C300s were equipped with the standard steel wheels and wheel covers. The
  car was delivered thru a dealer in that "hotbed" of NASCAR, Kansas. (At
least
  RM said the NASCAR connection couldn't be confirmed with certainty.) No
  kidding.
  Apparently this car was "restored" to kind of mechanically duplicate C300s
  #1 or #2 which competed at Daytona. Neither of those cars were red.
  I think this is a great example of developing a "story" on a car that
  gradually morphs into the "truth" if repeated enough times. Evidently
someone
  thought the story was worth 180 or so thousand bucks---or at least if
repeated a
  few more times----would be. Personally, I have no use for this nonsense.
  300ly, Gil Cunningham
  Tallahassee, FL
  A perfect day here today!

  In a message dated 9/16/2008 11:19:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,