Re: [Chrysler300] ram engine high tension lead holder types /locations

Re: [Chrysler300] ram engine high tension lead holder types /locations

Hi Mike and All:
Sorry to be so late in responding to your inquiry.  (I REALLY need to  write
this up and put it on the Club Website.)  John Hertog and I worked  quite
extensively several years back when I was deep into my 300F resto to sort  these
silly little wire brackets out.  A great help was his original 300F  convert.
Anyway, here goes:
    1.  Three of the little "bent" type two wire  holders attach to the
corner head bolts:  Left (driver's) side front  and rear, and right rear.  Be sure
to put these on before the exhaust  manifolds.
    2.  One "4 wire" holder is attached by the  right front corner head bolt.
    3.  Four of the "long, skinny, two wire  holders are attached by the ram
manifold bolts.  The two on the LEFT  side both "angle/slope" rearward and
attach to the 2nd and 4th manifold bolts on  that side.  On the RIGHT side, the
rear holder attaches to the 4th  bolt and slopes rearward, while the foreward
holder attaches to the 3rd bolt  from the front and slopes/points foreward.
    4.  Finally, one 4 wire holder/bracket is  secured by the 1st manifold
bolt on the driver's side.  This is the  same bracket as used on all "B"
engines, NYers, Windsors, etc.

So, that makes a total of nine sparkplug wire brackets/holders for a
standard 300F.  Wire routing is as follows:  Numbers 1,3,5, and 7 all  go to the left
thru the four way attached to the front left side manifold bolt.  then
numbers 1 and 3 go down kind of behind the power steering pump and are  supported by
the corner headbolt bracket, and then on to the plugs.   Meanwhile, numbers 5
and 7 turn rearward after the 4-way and proceed between the  manifolds,
supported by the two skinny 2-wire brackets there.  Finally,  they both loop around
the back of the head and thru the 2-wire corner bracket  and on to the plugs.
 Thus, #5 wire is the longest of the bunch as it still  must come forward to
#5 plug.
On the other side, #2, 4, and 6 all go directly to the 4-wire bracket which
is at the right front corner head bolt, and then on to their respective
plugs.  Meanwhile, #8 wire goes rearward from the distributor, between the
manifolds supported by the 2 skinny 2-way brackets there, then loops around the  rear
of the right side head, thru that corner bracket and on to the plug.
Whew!!!  I hope the above is a little clearer than mud.

It should be noted that late 300Fs and all 300Gs are a little different in
that #1 and #3 wires are routed OVER the left valve cover utilizing a standard
2-wire standoff like regular B-engines which is attached via the forward
outboard valve cover nut.  Also, at least some 300Gs have one of the little
"bent" brackets attached to a head bolt near the #6 sparkplug.

Hope this is of a help.   Mike, if you have any questions---I'd  be surprised
if you didn't----just ask.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Another perfect day here in Tally, FL

In a message dated 9/22/2008 7:03:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,