Re: [Chrysler300] 300 D

In a message dated 9/26/2008 5:51:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  czbil
l@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

My  300D did not have a hood pad when I bought it. I don't see one on
other  photos I have seen, am I correct that these cars did not have hood
pads?

I too now agree with all, that a hood pad is on the 300 D based  on the Bob
Rodger photo and after closely examining under a magnifying  glass the Road &
Track from April 58.  I was of the impression, I  guess based on my 57 C that
none was used.  The old magazines which usually  showed production vehicles are
just excellent for verifying build conditions.  Based on the apparent color
and the one on my original 57 Fury they are a yellow  tan fiberglass. I have
not been able to obtain one of the original color;  only gray.  Any
recommendations as to a source?  Marv

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: