Re: [Chrysler300] Louis & Eileen, are you okay!?

Re: [Chrysler300] Louis & Eileen, are you okay!?

Hi Brandt and all:

Thanks for any concern.

I know that Louis was not in immediate danger, knowing where he lives.
However, our home and 300's in Northridge were in some danger.  There was a raging
fire about 1 mile from us and I refused to evacuate.  All of a sudden, I found
the choppers dumping water across the street behind my home, less than 150
yards away.  Fortunately, they were putting out spot fires caused by blowing
embers and the fire had not reached the intense stage.  One of the choppers did a
u-turn about 100 feet above my house and I thought it was the Northridge
earthquake all over again.  The down draft from the rotors is tremendous.  And, of
course the pilot was not going to pussy foot around.  I'm sure he had the
pedal to the metal.  The house really rattled.

The home we are building in Bell Canyon, near where Louis lives, is nearly
completely framed so it is quite vulnerable to blowing embers.  The firemen used
the roof of the house as a command post as it is situated on the highest
elevation point in Bell Canyon and towers way above anything else. You can see
almost every home in Bell Canyon from there.  I don't think they would let their
command post burn down.. hopefully

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA

<*> Your email settings: