RE: [Chrysler300] Dual-Point Distributor not Distributing!

RE: [Chrysler300] Dual-Point Distributor not Distributing!

Ok, so I just off a midnight shift, HERE is the link.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/046/index.htm

Hi John,

I would guess that you did block the points open with an insulating
material?  =-O

The first thing I would do is to disconnect the distributor wire from
the coil and repeat the test.  If you still show ground on all parts
of the points, it just about has to be under the breaker plate or in
the grommet coming through the distributor housing.

Also, make sure the points aren't warped or incorrectly installed so
that the spring is touching ground.  The phenolic bushing is supposed
to keep the moveable point insulated from the post.  Maybe disconnect
one point at a time and see if the ground continues on the other
point as a means of isolating the problem.

Here is a link to a pretty thorough book on Chrysler point
distributors, might not speak directly to your problem but maybe
comparing the pictures will help.

Regards,

Bill Huff

<*> Your email settings: