[Chrysler300] Halloween Horror! 300C Handbook Error and Correction

[Chrysler300] Halloween Horror! 300C Handbook Error and Correction

Halloween Horror!

300C Handbook Error and Correction

I had a phone call yesterday asking me to clarify a section in the 300C Handbook, Technical Talk chapter, entitled "Power Steering Pulley Change".  Credit should go to the sharp eyed reader but I failed to write down his name, sorry!

If you own a Handbook, you may want to print this out and keep the page.  Although it only affects you if you have 300Cs with VINs #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.   Every one else should have the correct 4.75" diameter pulley on their car from the factory.

Wayne G

POWER STEERING PULLEY CHANGE

In order to increase operating efficiency, a larger diameter power steering pump pulley superseded the pulley used on early production pumps on many 1957 model passenger cars.  Because of this, it was necessary to also install a longer belt.  This change took effect with 300C engine #3NE57-1506.  The cancelled pulley is part number #1733499 (w/ 4.125" diameter) superseded by pulley #1826051 (w/ 4.75" diameter).  The cancelled belt is part number #1821141 superseded by belt #1401625.  A pulley and belt package was offered as part number #1843197.

This information is based in Mopar Parts Information General Bulletin #219, dated Apr. 24, 1957.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)