From: Bill Huff <czbill@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Disc Brakes and the Steering Arm on the  Spindle-300F(conversion)
To: jwkco@xxxxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Mc Adams" <clafong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Theresa Kuegel" <theresa_scheider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 10:31 AM

            John,

I would be leery of extending the adjusting sleeves without

substantially increasing their strength.  They, along with the tie

rods are considered a weak link as regards flex, etc. on cars that

compete in other than drag race venues.  There is at least one

company that makes oversize solid sleeves and tie rods that are

thicker and stronger for that purpose.  Unfortunately they are for

muscle car era vehicles.  If you have your sleeves extended, which

sounds like the lesser of the various evils, I would have them

strengthened.  If you are considering cutting and having a middle

section welded/spliced in, my preference would be to make it a

considerably larger tube with a large pressed on overlap.  The

competition sleeves are solid and use lock nuts to lock the

adjustment, a scheme that might work well in your case.

Bill Huff

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: