Re: [Chrysler300] Cuban 56 300B: info please

Re: [Chrysler300] Cuban 56 300B: info please

Phil and All:
3N56 1597 was indeed originally exported to Havana, Cuba.  It was  formally
owned by a Club member, but apparently no longer.  I do not know  specifics of
export cars, but this one was coded for a "tool kit" and dry charge  battery.
Also, export cars have a different code for the  transmission.  No idea why!
1597's color was special order code  499 which I interpret from Chrysler's
specs as two-toned with one  color below the "contour molding" and one above.
In this case one or both  colors would have been special.  Phil, that seems to
more or less  support what you have heard.  Records indicate two paint code
499 300Bs went to Cuba.  Never had heard the dictator (Batista, I  think) story
though.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 11/19/2008 5:02:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,